Anti-aging is the trend that will never end, because regardless of your skin color or gender, everyone wants to look youthful forever. I think most people, like myself, start seeking out anti-aging information and products when we hit our mid to late 20’s and into our 30’s.
I think the first time I ever noticed a “wrinkle” or really just an exaggerated expression line was at 24. None of these lines really bothered me then or bother me now, but I am curious what, if any, natural anti-aging tips are out there?
5 Natural Anti- Aging Tips
1. Avoid the Sun Unless Protected
Now, that being said, we need vitamin D and the sun to survive, and being active outdoors it also important, but do your best to keep from baking in the sun with no protection. Where sunglasses, sunscreen, hats etc., and skip any sort of tanning bed in favor of spray tans or at home self tanners—if like me, having some color is your preference.
2. Diet & Exercise
Even if your goal isn’t to lose weight, proper nutrition and regular exercise are important if you want to maintain your 20 year old bod for as long as possible. Many suggest eating a “plant rich” diet, which really just means
being sure your getting all your fruit and vegetable servings, whole grains, as well as lean protein and good fats.
As for your anti-aging exercise regime, many studies have shown that HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a great way to help slow aging. This type of workout is great for the lungs, heart, muscles and skin because of the influx of oxygen and blood circulating through the entire body and even brain.
3. Drink More Water
Another big one is to increase the amount of water you drink and decrease the amount of caffeine and alcohol. Not only do alcohol and caffeine dehydrate your body and skin, they can also cause a flushed appearance or even spidery veins on the face. The more water you drink the more hydrated and supple (youthful) your skin will look overall.
4. Skin Care
But in addition to drinking more water you also need a good skin care routine.
Now everyone’s skin is different and will have different needs but the basics are; cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate! You want to keep the skin and pores clean, get rid of any dead skin cells and moisturize everything else away!
I cleanse and moisturize my face twice a day, both morning and night and do a facemask or exfoliate 1-2 times per week. I either use a hydrating mask or a charcoal one to deep clean my pores.
5. Natural Supplements
It doesn’t matter what your goal is, weight loss, smoother skin or even longer hair, supplements are a great way to help us reach our goals. Even if you are a pro-dieter it is not a bad idea to include some natural supplements in your routine to help cover any nutrient gaps. Supplements can help add in vitamins and minerals you may not get from your food, keeping your body running smoothly.
The bottom line is, we can’t slow down the hands of time but we can learn how to age gracefully every step of the way, am I right?
If you are interested in adding any natural supplements to your regime, we have some great options , check out the Beauty and Health tabs to learn more! Here is one of my current favorites…
Mosea Elements All Natural Radiance – All Natural Hair, Skin & Nails Vitamins – For Men & Women
- NATURAL AND NAKED – A Powerful Fusion Of Wild Harvested And Organic Herbs, Bio Boosting Minerals And Homeostasis Promoting Plants Formulated To Strengthen Structural Building Blocks For Beautiful And Healthy Hair, Skin And Nails.
- ANTI-AGING NUTRIENTS – Containing A High Concentration Of Vitamins A & C, Other Viable Nutrients And Antioxidants To Support Collagen Synthesis Vital For Blemish And Acne Tissue Repair While Reducing The Appearance Of Wrinkles, Promoting Younger Looking Skin.
- BEAUTIFUL HAIR AND NAILS – In Terms Of Your Hair, Vitamin A And C Both Help With Healthy Collagen Construction Giving Rich Luster To Your Locks And Preventing Hair Loss And Dandruff.
- RADIANCE BEGINS WITHIN ME – Hydration Coupled With The Right Nutrition May Be Your Best Defense Against Oxidative Stress By Bringing Balance To Free Radicals And Antioxidants Preventing Homeostatic Disruption.
- NOTHING ADDED – Vegan, Paleo, Non-GMO, Gluten-free, No Soy, No Dairy, No Added Sugar, No Fillers And Cruelty Free. Add To Water Or Your Beverage of Choice.