So it’s time for warmer jackets and warmer foods, soups are officially in season!
A classic that most people will enjoy (sick or not) will probably be some variation of chicken noodle or a chicken and vegetable blend. Chicken soup is a great way to get loads of protein and many vegetables in one meal.
It also can be made on a budget while feeding the whole the family. And like many soups that use some type of broth, it’s almost better as left-overs, to allow all the flavors to meld to together.
The recipe below is from our KBA Recipe Book, which is FREE when you purchase any of our supplements. This recipe, like all the ones in our FREE e-book, show you just how easy it is to add any of our powders to many different types of recipes. This will allow you to easily add additional nutritional value to your meals!
For this recipe we suggest using KBA’s Pine Pollen Powder or Pine Needle Powder, depending on what supplement suits your nutritional needs best!
SERVES: 4 -6
Prep time Cook time Total time
10 min 20 min 30 min
- 4-ounces diced chicken breast (skinless,boneless)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry (ground)
- ¼ cup basil leaves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (minced)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons KBA Pine Pollen Powder or Pine Needle Powder supplement
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat, add carrots, onion, and garlic then cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken breast and stalks then cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except for supplement) and reduce heat to low, cook about 10 minutes covered.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add Pine Pollen or Pine Needle Powder supplement. Serve and enjoy!
◊ Instead of using chicken, you can try vegetarian ingredients, such as beans, tofu, mushrooms, lentils, or cauliflower!
You can find this recipe and many more from KBA’s FREE Supplement Recipe e-book. Just visit the e-books tab on our website to download!