One of the simplest ways to start getting healthy and making better nutritional choices, is having healthy snacks ready to go for the week!
I know when I’m not prepared I usually resort to convenient foods such as chips, cereal or sweets for snacks throughout the day. And even if you focus on making healthy meals, your snack food choices could still set you back.
When it comes to snacks, it’s all about having lower calorie options that still have substance to hold you over until your next meal. This means you need to create snacks with healthy proteins and fats to satisfy your hunger and nutritional needs. But you also need snacks that you’re excited to eat, beyond just keeping fruit and nuts on hand.
It’s important to make snacks that can travel easily and last the week, so that you can grab and go as needed. This means you need to prep your snacks for the week ahead of time, to make your healthy options just as convenient as a bag of chips.
KBA’s Recipe e-book has a handful of snack recipes along with smoothies, drinks and desserts. Giving you a few great snack options whether you’re at home or on the go. And with KBA supplements added to your snack recipes, you are fueling your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs for the week to come!
Healthy Protein Balls
Prep time Mix time Total time
5 min 2 min 7 minutes
- ¼ cup oats, steel cut
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons flax seed ground (mixed with 4 tablespoons water)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- ¼ cup almond nuts
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 4 teaspoons KBA Pine Pollen or Pine Needle Powder supplement
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Roll into 1 inch round or bite-sized balls. This should make about 12 oatmeal energy balls. Then put an almond nut on top of each ball.
- Serve and enjoy! Store the balls covered in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for longer.
You can also put about 1 tsp. of any nut butter on top of each ball for some added protein and flavor!
Download our free e-book for more recipes: https://kiknbacassets.com/e-books/