One of the main rules of dieting is to not drink your calories, meaning you should avoid things such as soda and other sugary drinks. But smoothies are a great way to supplement a meal or snack and not sacrifice any nutritional value.
Smoothies also make it easy to pack a lot of nutrients into a tasty little package. I don’t know about you but on a day-to-day basis I don’t eat greens and fruits as much as recommended. Adding them into your daily smoothie is a great way to catch up on anything you might be missing.
KBA’s Pine Pollen is great for an everyday boost or even a pre and post workout supplement. It boosts energy, vitality and immunity. It also aids in joint pain relief, menopause relief and sexual function.
KBA’s Pine Needle Powder is great to add to a smoothie if you are seeking allergy relief or a boost to your immune system. It’s also a great supplement for hair, skin and eye health.
We have great smoothie recipes in our free supplement recipe e-book like the one below. Enjoy!
Berry Pine-Away Smoothie
Prep time Mix time Total time
3 min 2 min 5 minutes
- ½ cup frozen blueberries*
- ½ cup frozen strawberries*
- ½ cup frozen blackberries*
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ½ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 3 teaspoons KBA Pine Pollen or Pine Needle Powder supplement
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
- Add more milk or water as needed.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
◊ You can try adding different berries: acai berry, raspberry, gooseberry, elderberry, cranberry, goji berry, or bilberry.
◊ Instead of using skim milk you can try rice, almond, soy, flax, coconut or low-fat yogurt.